There are some neccessary steps that should be taken when getting ready to put your home on the market to sell. It takes a little preparation, but if you follow these steps your home will be market
Are You Prepared For Hurricane Season?
Dated: May 28 2020
Hurricane season is quickly approaching. It’s June 1 - November 30. It is very important that you are prepared. Here’s a few tips to keep your family and home safe:
1. Review your plan: always make sure you review your plan for preparing and reacting to a hurricane. You will need to make sure your home is prepared ahead of time:
- If you have a generator, make sure it’s filled up ahead of time
- If you have a grill, make sure the propane tank is filled ahead of time
- Make sure you have all of your hurricane shutters and that they work
- Bring patio furniture in, plants, and anything else outdoors that could be a hazard
2. Review your insurance policy: check your home owner’s policy to see if it covers hurricane damage and check to see if you need flood insurance
3. Protect important documents: put your most important documents like birth certificates, titles, house deeds in a water proof safe. You can also take any pictures, photo albums, and anything else valuable and put it in the safe or waterproof container.
4. Evacuation routes: If you are in an evacuation zone plan ahead of time where you will go. Leave enough time to travel safely.
5. Emergency supply kit: have all the necessities handy in your home in case you are there for days due to power outage and/or unsafe conditions outside. You should at least have:
- Water: at least 1 gallon per day/person for 3-7 days
- Food: enough per person for 3-7 days
- Any special items needed for babies, kids, or elderly
- Flashlights and batteries
- Phone chargers: make sure to charge ahead of time
- Cars: make sure to fill with gas ahead of time
- Pets: make sure you are stocked with their food and medicine
- First aid kit: make sure it’s stocked
- Medicine: make sure to refill prescriptions ahead of time
- Make sure you are stocked on all toiletries and paper goods
- Money: keep in mind banks and ATM’s may be closed
- Battery operated radio
As a native Floridian, Iâ€™m familiar with all the amazing things South FL has to offer! My team and I have 17 years experience and are here to help you sell your home, buy, or rent in the most ideal ....
Latest Blog Posts
South Florida is an amazing place to live! There are so many benefits to residing here. Check out these top 10 reasons:1. The majority of the year we have beautiful weather. It's mostly days full of